Thursday, July 21, 2011

Angry Cordova

The last day my parents and I were in Cordova, Alaska, it was thunderstorming! My sistah Jessyka said that she had never experienced lightning or thunder in Cordova (she's been living there the past two summers), so I felt pretty special to experience this side of the town! The rain sadly deterred us from walking out on Sheridan's Glacier (the day before was cold and wet enough by Child's Glacier, and I was promised a trip out there next summer), but I love love love rain and the storm made the town smell so fresh and alive! But best of all was definitely the thunder and lightning. When the lightning struck, it was like it was striking right next to you it was so bright and unexpected. And the thunder was soooo loud! I felt like the sky was literally shouting at us. But in an almost Oregon-like turn-of-events (or I guess, turn-of-weather), it was sunny and dry again by 3pm, and just in time for our 5pm flight to come in and take us away from not-so-Angry anymore Cordova.

I'm still going through all my pictures from the trip, so if I have a good photographic representation of Angry Alaska, I'll slap it up here as soon as I can!

PHOTOS:

No comments:

Post a Comment