Monday, July 18, 2011

Cordova, Alaska


I'm absolutely loving the natural beauty and ruggedness of my sister Jessyka's little Alaskan fishing town of Cordova. It's Alaska, but we've been wearing t-shirts (I even saw some locals wearing sandles! jeez!) everyday no problem. It isn't as warm as, say, LA is right now, but I'm guessing that it doesn't stay practically day-light outside until almost midnight there like it does here (throws offf your sleeping pattern a bit, but I can't complain about weather that's helping me stay up later and get up earlier!). I can't, actually I can, believe that I've already taken 650+ pictures here, including the two above from earlier today. We went on two breathtaking walks and I got some great shots, although they don't represent the giant rain drops pelting my roof right now very well (I LOVE RAIN!). I'm loving this little chunk of paradise more and more every minute and definitely wishing I would've thought to spend more of my summer here (the town in the summertime is ten-to-one men-to-women, so being here couldn't hurt my love life hahah), but, alas, I missed Oregon far too much not to go back at all. We're going to the glacier tomorrow and hopefully at one point before Tuesday night, we'll see an eagle, a moose or a brown bear (or all three!) to add to the otters, seals, spawning salmon, and plethora of ravens and seagulls we've seen so far. Look for more pictures from Cordova, Seattle, Hope Idaho, Walla Walla Washington, and all the travels inbetween later on here and on my Facebook profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment