Friday, November 16, 2012

HOCKEY



I went to a hockey game tonight with my friends Catherine and Shannon! The Grenoble team, les Brûleurs de Loups (which translates to "the Burners of Wolves") may have lost to their "rivals down the road" les Ours (the Bears) de Villard de Lans (Villard de Lans is a roughly 45 minute drive from Grenoble), but the game was still insanely fun. It was great to feel that adrenaline rush that comes from being in a large crowd of crazed fans, no matter what language they're screaming in. We yelled "Allez, Grenoble" with the best of them, ate crepes (which they sold at the concession stands, like they sell hot dogs and soft pretzels at games in the US) and bought les Brûleurs de Loups banner scarves! It was an excellent night and a great end to a rough week. But now I should be going to sleep because I have to be at Place Verdun at 7am sharp tomorrow to catch the bus to Dijon, where I'm going this weekend with my BU group to eat mustard and drink wine! yay! Also, my parents are currently in flight, hurtling towards Amsterdam, where they will be until Wednesday when they head down south to see me in Grenoble and celebrate my 21st birthday with me! It's in 5 days!!! sooo crazy. I feel so old! ahhaha and my sister Shannon is already in Cordova, snuggling that babe Harper and hanging out with Jessyka and Jonah. Can't say I'm not a giant bowl of green jello about it, but I do get to meet her in 37 days myself! and I'm sorry, but I really couldn't tell ya what's going on for my brother Will, he's mysterious... ahahah 

PIX:


just stretching out. real casual. 
numba nine, lookin' fiiiiine.
time-out.



only in France.

Crepes and hockey, it's like what apple pie and baseball is to Americans.
broken stick that we're weren't sure where it came from...
FIGHT!


Then our goalie got all sassy. He's like,
Seriously guys? We're losing and you're wasting my time, ahahha
 les Brûleurs de Loups 

More fighting! with 5 seconds left on the clock.

The French, They're Just Like US!
Grenoble sparkles at night, even without these lights :]


kay, latahz.

2 comments: