Tuesday, March 20, 2012

poetry

Slowly sways
the long pendulum of life
matching my legs as they dangle
patiently waiting
in this cold, bright space.
No hand to hold.
No throat to kiss.
Like I had when this all began.
I felt your weight on top of me.
I felt your breath on my neck.
But I feel nothing
in this lonely, dark place.
I imagine him… her?
a little mixture of us;
a peek into our futures;
what could have been.
I wish you were with me,
but when you heard my words,
heard my decision,
you ran for the door.
She looks at me with pity,
like she knows I’m alone.
She musters up enthusiasm,
“It’s a boy!”
I wonder if he’ll look like you.

2 comments:

  1. Your poetry is awesome. You should publish a collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks mama! I do have a collection, but it's more like a journal than something that could be published. Not that I would know how to get poetry published anyway

    ReplyDelete