Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Morning Teleportation

Morning Teleportation.
Photo credit: band's Facebook.
     So for me, a very busy weekend [Bay to Breakers pictures will be up soon!] kind of just blended into a very busy week! I knew I had a presentation for my COMM class due today [Wednesday], but I still proceeded to wait til the last minute to work on it. I also found out on Monday that the prints for my second photography assignment were due this [Wednesday] morning and by then I only had one [of six to eight] finished, so I had to get on that. Also I have Cat Volunteering 201 at the Humane Society Silicon Valley tonight at 6pm, but I found out only last night that I have to do a two and a half hour Cat Volunteering 101 e-training by two days ago [whoops!], so I've been working on that one. Annnndddd I have to get a gag gift for my bow for the End-of-the-Season BBQ tonight, which I will sadly be missing because of the Humane Society training and going to see Morning Teleportation in the city tonight with my friend Karla. And I am SO FUCKING EXCITED to see them. I discovered them this summer when randomly browsing the "buy three, get one free" section of the Amoeba Music in Haight-Ashbury with Karla [I was in town to see Motion City Soundtrack, check out that trip here] and kind of fell in love. Then Karla surprised me earlier this spring by finding when they were playing in San Francisco and getting us some tickets! Yay Karla! 
      But what's soooo much more exciting is the fact that I just found out that they hail from Portland. Whowouldathunkit? I found their album and are seeing them live for the first time in San Francisco and yet they're practically my kin! Suffice it to say, I'm wearing my Portland t-shirt to the concert tonight. 
      I'm also really excited for the concert because I'm going to be test-shooting for my final photography project [I'll probably get most of my final shots from when we go to see the Maine at the Fillmore on June 6th]. I'm gonna be experimenting with indoor photography and 400 speed film for the first time! Scary, but I think it's going to turn out magically!


Currently listening to... "Expanding Away" by Morning Teleportation.


PS I'll have hella photos from this concert eventually, but I may just have to focus on my film camera, so I might not have very many digital shots :[ but I will get my film shots up here if any of them turn out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment