Tuesday, October 16, 2012

the way Grenoble smells in da morning


     I know what you're thinking. Nobody likes the way a city smells. But if you honestly think that, you've never been in Grenoble in October after dark [or right as the sun is rising in the morning]. It smells like winter, it smells like cold, it smells like snow, it just plain smells fresh. Yes, I said it, a city that smells fresh. The only downside to this refreshing city aroma is that it already is getting pretty cold. It was just about 50 degrees Fahrenheit when I went to classes this morning, which isn't all that cold, but the absolutely clearness of this morning made it feel that much colder. Buuuut of course, there is always a bright side, and the bright side this morning [afternoon] was that the cold clearness set up some absolutely breathtaking views of the mountains surrounding the campus and the entire city of Grenoble. Today caused me to think yet again: I seriously get to live here for the next two months??


Here's what I mean:



This tram driver gave me such a weird look for taking this photo

I absolutely adore urban art!


golden Jesus.
yep. I definitely wasn't a real dog. 
sassy golden Jesus.
 PS: the giant spider my friend Catherine and I found on a jacket at a second-hand store. 



2 comments:

  1. Crisp cold air and mountains, can you ask for anything more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing. Really, nothing. Maybe less chance of stepping in a monstrous heap of dog shit. Haha oh and you know, being able to see my new niecy every second!

    ReplyDelete