Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Motion City Soundtrack


Photo credit: http://www.livemusicguide.com/.

    Heyy so, I just got my tickets to see Motion City Soundtrack at the Fillmore in San Francisco! Come next Friday, I will have heard every single song on MCS's four albums live! Wednesday, August 24th, they'll be playing 2002's I Am The Movie and 2005's Commit This To Memory and Thursday, August 25th, they'll finish up completing my life playing 2007's Even If It Kills Me [I still consider this album as the best present I have ever received EVER. Thanks, Will!!!] and 2010's My Dinosaur Life

Photo by Katie McAuliffe.

        I am so stoked for this that I'm pretty sure I've almost peed my pants from excitement at least twice. And on top of the amazing-ness that is this tour in general, I scored myself some VIP passes, so I'll be meeting the band before the show.

Photo by @jcpmcs.

        No big deal, except for the fact that I'll soon be meeting Jesse Johnson [@jessemackj]. Jesse Johnson. JESSE JOHNSON. Or as I like to refer to him: "my favorite person that I've never met." See my dilemma now? After Wednesday [or Thursday, I'm not sure], I'll have to find a new nickname for him, which will be a tough transition because I've called him that for such a long time, I can't even remember when it started. Oh wait, I can remember. It was when they played with Panic at the Disco at the Portland Expo Center [bythewayy, worst venue ever guys, but it was the first time I saw you live, so it was a special show :]; and I went with my sister Shannon Reed of Simply Shannon and her hubster, Erik Reed, back before they were a Mr&Mrs], and I was for the first time introduced to that which is Jesse Johnson's half-mullet hair flipping back and forth over his keyboard and magnified about 100X on the wall on the Expo Center by the stage lighting. It is a moment that shall live in infamy.

Photo by Jedd Lopez.

As will the first time a saw Jesse Johnson donkey-kick off his keyboard during MCS's performance during the Hillsboro stop of the 2008 Warped Tour. Annnnddd now, since I've gotten myself a Twit [@kathryn_mac], Jesse Johnson is also officially my FAVORITE Twit picture poster. But like anyone else even had a chance.

Photo by @jessemackj.




     But enough about that dilemma, because HELLO, best two nights of my life coming up real quick. I've been listening to all four albums in order and each in their entirety for days now. I'm pretty sure I'm ready and I know all the guys of MCS are! They'll kill it in Los Angeles this weekend, but those shows will be child's play compared to the epic-ness that will be spewing out of their hearts, souls, and speakers in San Francisco.

Hurr's some [more] pictars:
Photo credit: http://userserve-ak.last.fm.
Photo by Katie McAuliffe.
Photo credit: http://userserve-ak.last.fm.
      Overall, I'm so friggin' amp'd for these shows, I can't even explain it [although I certainly tried to]. And come a week from now, I will be in the Bay Area, anxiously waiting the final hours and minutes before 7pm finally strolls along to introduce myself and anyone else who will have the privilege of being at the Fillmore [including my friend and fellow Motioncityaholic, Karla Gaitan] to the raw ecstasy of hearing all four of MCS's albums live. And although I certainly won't be able to explain my experience after the shows [but again, I will try to], I will hopefully have enough killer shots from my fancy new camera that'll speak for me. If you haven't bought tickets to one of their 7 city stops (LA, San Francisco, New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Detroit), go get 'em hurr: tickets, son. Also, MCS bassist Matthew Taylor recently caught by with Alternative Press Magazine's Jason Pettigrew to talk about the tour: chhheckkittt. 

     Oh, and just for the record, I would eat meat again to be able to go back in time and see this concert: jealous of my older siblings [who went to concerts before 2006]. The Matches, the Format, and Motion City Soundtrack? I would've died and went to heaven, or maybe that is heaven. I saw Justin SanSouci [formerly of the Matches] the last time I saw MCS in San Francisco, so maybe I'll see him again? Hope so. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment