Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Vegan Voodoo Donuts

Cruelty-Free never tasted so good!
       Today, I went back to high school to play some volleyball with my old team, or at least what's left of it. I went with my friend Melissa, who was my libero in high school. Although we didn't actually get much court action, it was an enjoyable time and tomorrow we will hopefully be more involved since two of their varsity players will be working the freshman/senior picnic [can't tell you why the other four seniors on the team aren't helping out as well...]. But the most fun was just getting to be on the court with Melissa again! And just chilling with our old coach, who pretty much hated us our first and only year with him [we had the same coach fresh through junior years, but he "quit" so we got a new toy to play with senior year, and suffice it to say we butted heads a bit. Or at least, I butted heads with him! hahah we were both wayyy to stubborn and had different ideas of my place on the team hahah, but it's all good now!]
  
     Then, this afternoon, I went downtown to hangout with my old friends Kira and Nico! We browsed around American Apparel, where I bought some super nice but basic t-shirts that I'm gonna do work on and make awesome. But the best part of the day was mostdef adventuring to Voodoo Donuts and finding that they make superduper yummy vegan donuts!! That made my day, as did all the compliments on my hurrr. Maybe they will encourage me to actually wash and blow-dry my hair more than once a week! then again.. probs won't.




P.S. I'm still working on putting up a post about the Motion City Soundtrack shows in San Francisco last week. I'm taking forever for two reasons: 1) they were some friggin amazing, life-altering nights, so I'm giving them time to marinate in my brain before spewing them out to yous and 2) I'm a lazy procrastinator and haven't gone through all my pictures yet :]

No comments:

Post a Comment