Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Taylor Swift's "Sparks Fly" music video

I just saw the music video for Taylor Swift's song Sparks Fly, and although I still like the video for Story of Us, just the teensiest bit more, I absolutely loved the look into TSwift's Speak Now tour that the new video gave us.  I remember reading somewhere recently (possibly in her interview with Teen Vogue, August 2011) that one of her favorite concert moments came when she was singing a line in her song Fearless:
"The other night, we were playing our first of two shows at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Massachusetts. I’m all the way at the end of the stadium, playing ‘Fearless,’ and I swear as soon as I sang the words “With you I’d dance in a storm in my best dress, fearless”… I felt a drop of rain hit me. Then there was another one, then there was another. And then it turned into an absolute downpour. Everyone is soaking wet... [but] No one left. Instead, this ocean of people in front of us just started dancing even more, screaming even louder… And that night I actually got to dance in a storm with them. In my best dress. I’ll never forget it.”
   And with the release of her newest video, all the rest of her fans can live that incredible moment as well (I'm pretty sure the clips from the video of her singing in the rain are from the Foxboro show)!
   And the fact that the song is supposedly about a guy she met after one of her past Portland, Oregon shows ("the way you move is like a full on rainstorm"? sounds like Portland to me) doesn't hurt its chance of being my favorite TSwift song, but sadly, as her show on September 9th (can't wait!!!) is at the Rose Garden, it is highly, highly unlikely we'll be getting to see her sing in the rain then.

Alas, since the video isn't up on youtube yet, I'll have to send you guys to the video via a link instead of posting it straight onto the blog post :[

I love TSwift. I love this picture. Definitely not one to burn.


No comments:

Post a Comment