Saturday, August 6, 2011

OMSI

       My parents and I checked out OMSI today because I wanted to see the exhibit about video games. Once we got there, I found out that there was also a Narnia exhibit, which ended up being way too excellent. My dad ended up loving the video game exhibit, showing me the "computer" he used in his first computer programming class (third photo) and the first computer he worked on as a professional. He especially loved the part of the exhibit on Lara Croft (who I found out was originally supposed to be an English man before they reworked her character and that originally, he chest was of average size, but that the graphics designer accidently maginfied her breasts by 150% one day and everyone told him to keep her like that).
       Then we went to see the IMAX show, Born to be Wild (sixth photo), which was narrated by God, aka Morgan Freeman. It was an amazing story about two women who devoted their lives to rescuing orphaned animals (Dame Daphne M. Sheldrick cares for orphaned baby elephants in Kenya, while primatologist Dr. Biruté Mary Galdikas cares for orphaned baby orangutans in Borneo) and raising them so that they will florish when they are returned to their natural habitats.
       I left OMSI this evening with two new figurines for my desk (a baby elephant and a mama orangutan with a baby on her back) and the urge to do something good for our world and to make a positive difference. 





No comments:

Post a Comment