Tuesday, May 10, 2011

female-fronted bands

I'm on a wicked girl-power kick right now, so I thought I'd share some of my favorite badass front-women and the solid gentlemen that back them up.

No Doubt


Paramore
(note: Zac and Josh Farro, left, are no longer in the band, which is now comprised of Hayley Williams, center, Jeremy Davis, right, and Taylor York, not pictured.) 


The Pretty Reckless

The Hush Sound
(note: they are currently on a "hiatus.")

The Runaways
(note: they're technically an all-girl band, but that just makes them even more badass)
The Muffs

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Garbage

Did I miss any of your favorites? Let me know and they may become my next obsession!

5 comments:

  1. I think Kim McAuliffe fronts a Girl Band. I like her because we have the same "name"

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does! Girlschool. they're technically an all-girl band (I know I put up the Runaways, but that's because I love them). I'll have to buy an album of theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them too. Awesome rock out music. I love girl singers when I work out hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what about the Black Eyed Peas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if the Black Eyed Peas fit with these groups. Most of them (all but the Hush Sound) only have the members as back-up vocals, and in the Black Eyed Peas, Fergie's almost a back-up singer.

    ReplyDelete