Tuesday, May 31, 2011

"You" by the Pretty Reckless

As you can tell by now, I'm pretty obsessed with Taylor Momsen and the Pretty Reckless right now. But it's for good reason! She's such a talented lyricist and singer and she's only 17! She's definitely someone I look to for inspiration. And this song is really singing to me right now:




 "You"
You don’t want me, no
You don’t need me
Like I want you, oh
Like I need you

And I want you in my life
And I need you in my life

You can’t see me, no
Like I see you
I can’t have you, no
Like you have me

And I want you in my life
And I need you in my life

You can’t feel me, no
Like I feel you
I can’t steal you, no
Like you stole me

And I want you in my life
And I need you in my life




This song is so simple lyrically and musically, but it's unbelievably beautiful and truthful. It captures the feeling that so many young people, male and female, go through in adolescence and young adulthood. "You" is so ethereal and wistful.


This isn't the official video (there isn't one yet), but I thought it was wicked awesome anyways:

No comments:

Post a Comment