Saturday, May 14, 2011

Jericho (and Skeet Ulrich)

I woke up early (well early now that my crew season is over) to watch what I thought was the series finale of my current favorite television show, Jericho. But I was happily surprised to find that it was cancelled then brought back for a seven episode second season (the first was 22 episodes) by popular demand!

The series begins with terrorist attacks on 23 major United States cities and then focuses on the residents of Jericho, a small town in Kansas (right), and how they deal with the many and diverse outcomes of nuclear war, including the dissolution of order into chaos on the global, national, and state levels, and ultimately within the small town's previously tight-knit community as well.





As for Skeet Ulrich (left), who plays the main character, Jake Green, in Jericho: do you recognize him from anywhere?















He played Billy Loomis, Sidney Prescott's (Neve Campbell, right) boyfriend, and is ultimately found to be Ghostface, in Scream. (Well he's one of two Ghostfaces in Scream, his partner in crime being one of my all-time favorite actors, Matthew Lillard.) 

(Billy Loomis (Skeet Ulrich), Randy Meeks (Jamie Kennedy), Stu Macher (Matthew Lillard) in Scream)

I looked on Jericho's Wikipedia page this morning and discovered that the third season of the show was made into a six-part comic book series created by the television series's original production and writing teams as well as that there has been talks of a motion picture version of Jericho picking up where season two left off.
You can watch the whole series right on your computer at Netflix.com:  http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Jericho/70142437?trkid=2361637#height1218!

6 comments:

  1. I've never watched this show! From the name of it.. I thought it was about religion. hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about nuclear war and is frickin awesome. I'd recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved him in Scream! Very creepy, is he creepy in your show?

    ReplyDelete
  4. nah he isn't creepy at all on Jericho, he's still the bad boy though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. he's not creepy is scream! he's a sexymegafoxyawesomehot psychopath! what"s creepy about that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely agree with all of those adjectives! I'd have to say the scene at the end is pretty creepy of him though. I really didn't want him to end up being the killer!

    ReplyDelete