Friday, May 13, 2011

Sugarland and their song, "Settlin'"

        I recently rediscovered the song "Settlin'" by Sugarland and am currently listening to it like every other song. This song sends me straight back to summer maybe two years ago, blasting this song and "Show Me Love" by Robyn in the car with my sister, Shannon.  I just love the feeling of this song, that she isn't going to settle for a guy that doesn't make her feel everything she deserves to feel in a relationship; she isn't saying that she won't be with a guy that's anything less than perfect, in fact, she doesn't use the word "perfect" even once in this song.  She just wants what she deserves and what the man in her life deserves.

        I also absolutely adore the opening lines: "Fifteen minutes left to throw me together/ For mister right now, not mister forever," because that is so true; that even if the guy will become her Mr. Forever, he surely isn't right now, and only time will tell if it'll be more.


Here's the music video:

No comments:

Post a Comment