Friday, September 2, 2011

the Oregon State Fair

     As I sit here on my family room couch, watching the ninth season of Project Runway from the first episode [with two of the twenty designers being from Portland, how could I not watch this season? But although I'll always be rooting for Bryce and Becky, after the first episode, I'm lovin' Bert, Anya and Anthony Ryan; and please don't tell me who is- or isn't- on the show anymore, I'm watching the episodes on more than a slight delay!], I realize that I had absolutely no trouble getting home tonight, looking through the photos I took at the Oregon State Fair, and posting them to this blogmeister! What a little weirdo, huh? I go on an amazing trip to Idaho and Alaska and then to an incredible two-night engagement with the gentlemen in Motion City Soundtrack and I can't force myself to look through those photos, but I go all ho-dunk on ya'll at the fair and I have the post up the same day. Urghhh. I'm just crazy I guess, but you gotta love me either way :]

hurr's some photographies:


Actually from my and Melissa's drive to
Willamina to watch a Valley volleyball game

Award-winning swine.

cutesy cows

Klu Klux Klan goats
Not the smartest goat in the stables, but definitely the friendliest.


Kamikaze

flying

Photo courtesy of Michael Bonino-Britsch
[with my Nikon COOLPIX P7000]



shadowing

single rider


a violent and high speed turbulent ride!

the zipper

the fair in her eyes

traditional

tiny dancers

if it fits and zips, it ships

24.5 feet

splash zone




mammoth ear

don't be afraid of the horn, darling, everyone jumps!


oh hey!

whatchya lookin' at?


just lounging

purple tiger

     Well that's my day in photos. Melissa, Michael and I spent nearly seven hours at the fair! Definitely the longest I've ever lasted at one of those things. Maybe because Michael and I spent at least twenty minutes of that time being Saved! But overall, it was pretty great. We went on one fun ride and one not-so-fun ride [at one point on the second ride, I definitely utter the words: "No! This is not fun!"], watched a dog deck-dive competition, petted way too many farm animals and ate a bunch of fair food [which doesn't have calories, or so we were told].
     And my purple white tiger air-brush tattoo [last photo] was definitely one of my favorite results of the day [along with the newest addition to my souvenir-cup collection], but I was shocked to find that the tattoo, that was supposed to last two-to-three showers, barely made it through the shower I took tonight! I guess I'll have to drag my butt back down to Salem and make the air-brush tattoo artist [who was super duper cute, by the way] repay for lying to me... maybe by taking me out on a date? :]

No comments:

Post a Comment