Thursday, September 1, 2011

who I am

I miss volleyball.

Felt like spending too much time writing out for all ya guys what half of you probably already know, and honestly, if you don't know, you should probs learn these things about me first hand, but whatevs.

hurr ya go:

~I want to find a guy to buy a travel book [for California probably] with and for us to try out everything in the book while writing little notes directly onto the book's pages. We'd have our own little travel guide for our special trips with just each other. And after we'd take a trip, we'd just have to look back at our little guide book to relive all our happy memories.

~I believe that if you are having a problem with someone [no matter whose "fault" it is], the only way to change the situation is to change yourself. I don't mean that you should just bend over and let the person play you and manipulate you, but in certain tense situations [like within families], you really just need to change little things to adjust to the other person and their way of communicating [and hope they're doing the same thing]. Because even if you hope that the other person will work with you as well, the only thing, ONLY THING, you can truly adjust is yourself. And a lot of the time, the person you are having trouble with and your relationship is worth a lot more than the extra effort it'll take to understand and level with them.

~Motion City Soundtrack is my favorite band [sorry, Matches, but it's just been too long since I've seen you live; and my attraction to a band has roughly 95% to do with their live show]. they all play with such fever and passion and obviously love the music they've written and perform, love each other, love the crowd their fans and just music in it's purest form. jmackj's enthusiasm and spastic energy honestly makes him my favorite performer of all time [even if he doesn't do donkey kicks off his keyboards anymore because he's broken too many and now his equipment is too expensive to risk damaging]. and the way tony smiles so much when he's drumming steals my eyes away from anything but him when he first starts playing at the beginning of a song or after a long break in a song. And jcp is just so silly with his talk between songs. If you haven't seen them live, first of all, you are seriously insane and second, must go to see them as soon as physically possible. And, godforbid, you haven't listened to them [or, somehow, don't know who they are], go buy their albums. NOW. All four of them. But if you don't have the cashola, buy My Dino Life first because that's their most recent release [the theme of which jcp described as "Fuck Yeah!"] and most of what they'll be playing when you go to see them in concert.

~My hands are always cold. As are my cheeks and nose. I guess I just have poor blood circulation or something. If it's really cold out, my hands will actually turn a light shade of purple. Or maybe I'm just cold-blooded, because, after all, I am cold-hearted.
~I can crack pretty much any joint in my body. Neck, back, toes, fingers, ankle, wrist, shoulder... You name it, I probably can crack it. Suffice it to say, going to my chiropractor is the best twenty minutes of my week :]

~I have a drawer in my armoire specifically for my socks. It barely closes, if that tells you how many socks I have. Oh and it doesn't close even though I left practically half my socks at school.

~Which brings me to Santa Clara again. I pretty much have two lives now that I've gone away to school. My life in California is all rowing, learning, laughing, hanging with new friends, never having privacy or alone time, growing... My life in Beaverton is all sleeping too much, watching television, fighting, sometimes hanging with old friends, never having privacy, missing both high school and college, generally feeling like a lowlife... But I'll be back to the grind in about two weeks. Fall will probs be the most stressful, nerve-racking, painful, challenging, mind-breaking, tiring few months of my life, but that's better than not feeling or doing anything at all.

~I love photography and have been loving taking my new, fancy camera around everywhere and taking way too many photos. But I've learned that I am pretty much incapable of actually looking through my photos and actually posting them somewhere for other people to see [like this blog or on Facebook].

~I'm trying to be a vegan, which isn't all that difficult until someone says we should get ice cream or Wendy's [i.e. a frosty]. but it'll be so difficult once I get back to school. Eating in Benson three times a day was difficult [and boring] enough as a vegetarian. :[

~I write roughly a million lists a day. Lists of things I need to do, things I need to buy, things I need to remember, as well as lists of my goals, dreams, random ideas, ect. But the best part is, I hardly ever complete them. I'll come across a list I wrote two months ago and smile at the things I did and crossed off and wonder about the things I never actually got around to. Most times it doesn't really matter that I didn't finish crossing everything off the list, but every once in a while, I'm like shit!!!! hahaha I probs should have done that a looong time ago... and then still don't do it.


    well there you have it.. the second installment of my "who I am" series. :] hope you enjoyed it and learned a bit more about all the craziness floatin' around in my noggin.

    I get to go to the Oregon State Fair tomorrow with my friend Melissa and my friend Michael from SCU, who's up North from Los Angeles to visit family! I'm sure all take lotsophotos when I'm in Salem, but alas, I probably won't put them up on this blog until 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment