Wednesday, September 7, 2011

start today


      Last night when I logged onto my computer to upload pictures from the TSwift concert, I checked my Twit feed and one of the most recent twits was from @GreatestQuotes. It was a quote by Karen Lamb which read, "A year from now you may wish you had started today." This really got to me. I try to look back at my past year [my past years, really, my high school years] and realized that although I have done a lot with and for myself, there are always things that I want to accomplish or just work on, but never actually do. Well, today meant a lot to me: I looked at the clock at exactly 11:11:11 yesterday morning and then again at 11:11pm that night on my way back from the TSwift concert. Also, I went to see Taylor Swift who is such an inspiration for following your dreams and your passions! So I now propose that I will "start today." I will learn how to play the guitar that is just sitting in the corner of my room [TSwift started writing songs at 13 after being taught three chords by a guy that came to her house to fix her computer], I'm going to work on my photography skills and get my name and pictures out there for magazines and newspapers to see, I will finish making all of the custom t-shirts I have been working all summer on, I will master the French language, and I will work on commuticating better with my family. And I really mean it. Mark your calenders. September 7th, 2011 marks a new age for kathryn.elizabeth. On September 7th, 2012, I'll look back on today and be glad that I "started today."

No comments:

Post a Comment