Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Ralph Waldo Emerson quotes

Copper River in Cordova, AK

So my favorite quote ever is "Always do what you are afraid to do," said by Ralph Waldo Emerson. I live by this quote and although it has gotten me into a lot of trouble over the past couple years, I wouldn't be doing the vast majority of the things I love most without it [crew, going to Santa Clara, pursuing a degree in Psychobiology]. In honor of that, I thought I'd share a couple more gems from RWE :]


"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer."


"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could."


"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."


"Every artist was first an amateur." 

"The only way to have a friend is to be one."

1 comment: