Thursday, December 29, 2011

Venice Beach, Santa Monica Pier and UCLA campus


     Hey so I actually brought my computer on this trip, so I'm gonna post some pictures from today already! Yay! We left PDX hardly before 7am [after less than three hours of sleep, so I'm pooped] and got into Santa Ana sometime around 9am. Suffice it to say, our hotel room [in the sublime Irvine] was not ready for us, so we went to see if Venice Beach was [oh and it was most def ready for us]. I got some photographs there on both my fancy digital Nikon Coolpix and just under 24 on my dad's old Pentax [it's from the 70s!]. So I'll show ya the digital pixs on this post and well.. I probs won't ever post the ones from the Pentax because it's a film camera and it's kinda difficult to get those up on the comper. 
     Anywhooo, we also made it up to Santa Monica's crazy carnival pier and then up to UCLA's campus where we got some of the best pizza ever at Lamonicas NY-Pizza and then I got some brand spankin' new film at a camera shop just around the corner [where they also informed me that my dad's ten-to-twenty year old film most likely won't come out well if I use them. which is just too bad because I had already used a role that I will definitely be developing and I have roughly a million other roles that I'm gonna practice with!].


Hurr're some digitals:






Dogtown Skateboards.








So many bikes.
at the Santa Monica Pier.







Outside UCLA's music building.

I originally was supposed to sit under that sign,
but I was so scared it would fall on me that my brother switched seats.





currently listening to... the Washington-Baylor Bowl game.

2 comments: