Friday, December 2, 2011

Six f's of Fridayyy

photo credit: http://1.bp.blogspot.com

      so I just realized that not only is "f" a fantastic, fabulous, fascinating letter, it's also the sixth letter of the alphabet. "well that's exciting," is probably what you're sarcastically saying to yourself. probably along with "wow, Katie knows all the letters of the alphabet?" and "Katie knows how to count that high?" And I'll answer you this: I at least know the alphabet up to "f," I can count to infinity pssttpphhh [sound of me sticking my tongue out at you all] and yes, it is exciting! Because, surprise! Friday is also the sixth day of the week [in the traditional American calendar, which as a traditional American, I generally go by]. And to celebrate that small victory on the part of useless coincidences, I'm starting a new blogging trend [I'm sure it will one day rival Fill in the Blank Friday, which my sister over there at Simply Shannon does]! It's gonna be the Six f's of Friday and it's gonna be so huge.  


      Well I found a list of unusual words that start with "f" here and so I'm gonna get some interesting "f" words going on up in here [also, there will be no crude or offensive words!] and give errybody a vocabulary lesson on Fridays [because Friday lessons are the shiz!]


So hurrrrr're the first six f's of Friday [hey look! friday also has six letters in it. craazzzyy!]:

1] facinorous... meaning "atrociously wicked"
     [I love all three of these words so much]

2] flagellantism... meaning "the practice of whipping oneself or another"
     [who whips themselves?]

3] floricide... meaning "killing or killer of flowers"
     [someone who commits floricide is probs into flagellantism too.]

4] foudroyant... meaning "thundering; dazzling"
     [I'm sure a girl would understand you were complimenting she if you say she has a "foudroyant smile"]

5] feracious... meaning "fruitful; fecund"
     [I used fecund in my last short-short for my writing class! It was a pretty radtastical story if I do say so meself.]

6] futtock... meaning "rib of a ship"
     [pronounce\ˈfə-tək\. my new favorite term of endearment.]








currently listening to...
 "Borderline Creep" by the Matches 
[because I was in a bad mood early and they make me feel so much better!]

No comments:

Post a Comment