Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Monday night

Lady Danville.


Most adorable set of guys I've seen in concert in a long time.


Scars on 45 [they're so british]

she sounded like a Spice Girl.


he made the most amazing faces when he was singing,

Jack's Mannequin

some artsy shittt.

more artsy shit.


inspired to learn how to play the haramonica





     So yeah. Monday night was friggin' fantastic. I was a steering zombie at practice this morning [I could feel my brain trying so desperately to work when we were bringing the boats together to switch the guys between the boats. I could hear the tick tick tick of the gears trying to move. oh and sorry about the crewspeak], but it was oh so worth it. Jack's Mannequin was amazing. I had a smile plastered across my face their entire set. and I found two amazing new bands, Lady Danville and Scars on 45 [I'm definitely subjecting the boys I'm driving to practice to them both to and from Lexington]. Last night, both bands did covers; Lady Danville sang the MGMT track "Kids" and Scars on 45 wound parts of "Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac [my absolute favorite Fleetwood song] into one of their closing songs. 
     During the show, I kinda sorta fell in love with Lady Danville's drummer, Matt, [I always fall for drummers. they always look sooo happy just to be playing, just to be on stage. and he had the most adorable, silly smile on his face the whole set] and Molly fell hard for Scars on 45's lead singer, Danny, but she's just like me, but she always falls for lead singers [works for me, then we'll never have to fight over a guy!]. And so after the show, and after spending far too much on a couple of EPs that had on more than five songs on each one, we got around to talking to each of our respective crushes and guess what!! Molly and I got ourselves asked out to the bars by Matt [he said I was gorgeous, and I melted :], but alas, our only ride outta the city that night was on the Bronco Bus, so we had to take a raincheck [Molly and I are already devising a plan to cash it in] and we got back to a very empty, very cold campus around midnight. 'Twas a night to remember! Can't wait to see all of them live again or to see another show with Ms. Molly!
Check out my facebook for more photographies from the show!








P.S. five days 'til Head of the Lagoon! 
[and 12 days til the Maine at the Bottom of the Hill. and 14 days til I'm 20 years old! whatta granny. jeez.]

No comments:

Post a Comment