Tuesday, January 31, 2012

American Red Cross

photo credit: http://artwelove.com.
     When I was in high school, I gave blood all the time and even set up a couple drives [one of which was the most successful blood drive in the Portland area for Summer 2009. We had to start turning potential donors down because we ran out of bags!], but I hadn't given blood since I graduated. Until today. 
     I am so afraid of needles and can't think straight or answer simple questions [like for the health history questions they ask before you can donate] before giving blood because I am freaking out. But I know how important it is to donate your time, money or blood to the American Red Cross and that the amazing feeling that you get after donating, knowing that you potentially saved three lives while only giving up about an hour of your time and a pint of blood that your body replenishes in about 24 hours, makes everything worth it. It's like going on the Tower of Terror at Disney. You're freaking out the whole time in line, thinking over and over that you're going to chicken out, but once it's over you think, 'hey! that wasn't too bad. When can I do it again!?' hahah that might have been a lame metaphor, but it really is kind of like that. Once it's over, you forget what you were so freaked out about and all you can think about is how great you feel for doing something so good. :]


Click here to find a blood drive near you!






Currently listening to... "Someone Like You" by Adele. I may be a few months or so late on this, but I'm loving me some Adele right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment