Monday, January 16, 2012

film cameras

     So on this last MLK Day [if the world does come to a crashing halt in December this year, which I kinda hope it doesn't], as I wait patiently between water practices, not doing the homework I've successfully avoided so far this weekend, I decided to let you all in on my newest photography obsession. I think I've mentioned before that my mother gave me my father's old Pentax ME for Christmas, but just yesterday I bought myself a new clicker!
photo credit: http://www.pentaxforums.com.

     My new toy is a Diana Mini Camera all decked in white [like nowhere I go for Christmas]. It's so light, it's like a toy. I'm kinda afraid I'm going to break it, but it's also so easy to carry around. 

photo credit: http://microsites.lomography.com.
     My first film from the Pentax [mostly of Venice Beach, click here to see some digital shots I took on that adventure] turned out great. Some photos were a little grainy [but that might have been caused my slow learning to focus correctly, not that I'd admit to that], but most were pretty great, in a soft, retro style. But then I worked on my second roll for a long while [from that trip to Venice until the day before I left for school] and came up completely empty handed. I don't know exactly what I did wrong [I have a couple theories not really worth mentioning], but the entire film [all 36 shots!] came up blank. Blanky McBlankerson. It was truly devastating. But I shall prevail! And explore the sweet features of my new babe: like multiple exposure, long exposure, overlapping exposure, and square/ rectangle frame capabilities [I'm really excited about this last one!]. I'll let you know how the first roll goes, even if I can't actually post any photos [maybe I'll take a digital picture of any especially great shots?? hahaha seems like I'd destroy the universe through implosion if I do that. Maybe that's how the world really will end in December! So yeah.. this the last MLK Day... hahah].

Currently listening to... Sparks Fly by Taylor Swift.. hmm. love her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment