Monday, January 23, 2012

New Year's Resolutions!

     Okay so I know this is roughly a month late, but I was giving myself some time to get a feel for 2012 and think through what I wanted to accomplish throughout this year. But recently, my sistah over at Simply Shannon did a post on her resolutions on a month-by-month basis [which I really hope works out for her!], so I decided to give it a shot! I'm not one for New Year's Resolutions because I feel like I'd never stick to them and I like to think that I can make goals for myself at any point of the year, not just January first, but I decided, what the hell, I'll pick out a couple things to really focus on.


     First of all, I'm gonna spend more time with the lovely ladies that I will be living with next year. We'll be together 24-7 this time next year, so we might as well start figuring out each others' tiniest subtleties now [if only because we won't be able to escape them later!]. 
This will be framed and on the mantle at Lemonade Stand next year.
Photo by Meggan Sisto.
     Next, I'm going to focus on my chemistry grade and get a high B or A this quarter. I'm not sure where this chemistry thing is going for me, but while I'm at it, I'm gonna give it my all
No more sleeping in class!
Photo by Sean Sullivan.
    Thirdly, I'm going to work on my confidence in the boat. I've talked to some other coxswains and a couple of my rowers and they've all said that, for the most part, I've got the goods, but that I just need to commit myself, so I can instill confidence in my rowers. It's simple, they won't trust me 100% until I trust myself 100%.
Gonna have more of these tosses in the spring!
Photo by Karla Gaitan.
    Lastly, I really want to explore this film photography thing that I'm dabbling in. My last two rolls turned out okay, with some pretty shitty shots, but also some pretty great ones. I'm hoping to take more trips specifically for photography and also to start some kind of photo series featuring my boys. I also plan to take a film photography course through SCU this spring, so I will learn how to develop my own film! How rad is that?




Okay.. well, those are my 2012 goals for now. Social, Academic, Athletic, and Creative. I'd say that that just about covers everything! And hopefully all of these are going to change/grow for the long run, not just these next eleven months
Wish me luck!

currently listening to... My Favorite Accident by Motion City Soundtrack.

2 comments:

  1. You can do it! It helps me to set more specific goals like...instead of saying "get better at using my camera" instead say "I will learn what every button means and how if effects the photo" ... it just helps me to be more specific and less ambiguous. :) Or... instead of "get a B in chemistry" say, "i will read the chapter the night before the lecture every class" just an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah that's a good idea. I sooo need to catch up on my reading in chem. that's what this weekend is for!

    ReplyDelete