Thursday, October 27, 2011

the Maine

Photo from seeing the Maine at the Regency Ballroom
 in San Francisco last October.
     Well let's not lie to ourselves now because I'm always obsessed with the Maine, we all know that [I do have two separate posters of them on the wall of my dorm room and have seen them live too many times to count], but I am especially obsessed with them lately because they just announced the release date for their third full-length album, Pioneer, as Dec. 6 [pre-order starts 11.1.11 (I'm loving all those ones) so you know I'll be online Tuesday to secure my spot]. After their sophomore effort and first major-label release, Black and White, received some heat for so many of the tracks be co-written, Pioneer will be completely penned by the band and self-released through Action Theory Records


Andddd I'm going to see them in San Francisco this November at the Bottom of the Hill. It's gonna be my second time seeing them in San Francisco and my... well.. I'm not sure how many times I've seen them over all.. woops! But anyways, I'm so friggin' excited because I was so bummed when they announced their fall tour with Taking Back Sunday wouldn't be coming to my neck of the woods [I blogged about it when the tour first was announced and very nearly cried when I realized that two of my top five favorite bands were going on tour together and weren't playing a show within rock-throwing distance of me. I mean, I live next to one of the largest cities on the West Coast! How can you not come to San Francisco??] and because the Bottom of the Hill is this teeny weeny theatre that doesn't even have a proper backstage area! I bought my tickets as soon as I heard about the show because I'm pretty sure the theatre has a maximum capacity of about 20 people. just kidding, but it really is tiny! And the last time I was there was to see the Matches :]


Here's the promotional video for the announcement:


Poster from the first time I saw them live. Thank god for Hit the Lights,
if I hadn't gone to this show to see them, I wouldn't have discovered
3OH!3 or the Maine. Or at least it would have taken longer to.

Photo from their show in Portland this summer at
the Wonder Ballroom [the venue I first ever heard them at].
This kid leaped on stage, knew all the words to their songs,
and was killing it for the crowd. John Oh was so shocked.
and also flying high on something illegal.

P.S. Head of the American in two days!!

P.P.S. sorry these photos are so shitty; they were taken with cameras other than my super duper fancy Nikon. I promise I'll have super wicked awesome pictures from the show November 20th!

No comments:

Post a Comment