Saturday, October 22, 2011

the Wine Country Classic tomorrow!

 
I love me some Lexington in the morning.
     Well we had short practice this morning than got to land and got our de-rigg on. As per-usual, I helped by tightening the nuts on one rigger and bungee-ing one seat, but Karla and I got both our boats safely on the trailer, which is our only real job.
     But this post isn't about de-rigging [although it is wicked fun]. It's about the Wine Country Classic tomorrow!!! Karla and I get to drive up tomorrow morning around 5:30am, so we can in Petaluma by the 7am coxswain meeting, but we don't race til noon, so we'll have almost two hours chillin' at the regatta before the guys even leave campus. But ohhh well. A coxswain's gotta do what a coxswain's gotta do, and if that includes waking up fecking early to get all the information for the race, well I'd rather be more informed than not. Especially since this is mine and Karla's first head race ever. I'm so excited, but also super anxious/nervous/freaking the fuck out. But I'm tipping a lot more towards the former than I was in March last year [before my first race ever]. Well as a de-stresser before the craziness that will be tomorrow, Meggan and I are baking some shit up in the Kennedy kitch. Should be funsies.

Hurr're some pictures from dis mornin':

look at those eights

whatta cutie.


Biiig Time.



Rustle.

go broncos!

these guyss..


"Don't fall into the trap of eating three donuts and feeling sick.
I did that last time." --Mark Bluth


Brooks is a classy one.
PS Petaluma... TOMORROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment