Saturday, October 1, 2011

Santa Clara University's beautiful campus


     Okay so my view of everyday life has changed quite a bit since I got my fancy new camera [thanks dad and The Shutterbug at Streets of Tanasbourne, the nicest people work there! So helpful!]. I seriously look at every scene I see and ponder to myself, would this make a good photograph? Why or why not? ahhah I know. whatta nerd! but whatever, I'm liking it so far. Especially since it's helped me rediscover how completely magical my school's campus is. When I chose SCU as my home, one of the main factors was how incredibly beautiful it is on campus! It's so green and fresh and alive that sometimes I forget I'm not in Oregon [but then I remember how friggin hot it is and remember I'm in California]. 

Hurr're some photgraphies I've taken since being back at school:

Leaving Leavey after practice.

Leavey Event Center [where my boys kill themselves on the ergs]

The Kenna Quad

A bite-sized chunk of Nobili Hall and some California palm trees :]

Outside the Adobe Lodge

Outside the Adobe Lodge

The Ricard Memorial Observatory
[where I had Anthro lab with the most adorable professor ever, Prof. Panich.]

trippy Lafayette Street
[where the Phantom Avenger spends nights and most days]

my new home, Dunne Hall!
[my rooms the third window from the right on the first floor]
[and yes, my roommate and I did make the mistake of picking a first floor, street-side Market room]

The super amazing wind tunnel right outside my door
[it's windy here on even the calmest days. but it's not so good when you're wearing a flowy dress.]

     Well that's what I have for now! I actually took some pictures today at the Santa Clara Farmers' Market and more around Nobili, but I haven't uploaded them yet :[ so hopefully I'll get them up later! Oh and we had our first water practice of the year [finallyyy!] and although I didn't take any photos this time [I wasn't too excited about the idea of leaving my camera in the boathouse or taking it in the boat with me], but hopefully I'll find a cheap(er) digital camera or buy a water-proof disposable camera and get some pictures on the water! Brooksies was my stroke this morning [thank god! I want him as my stroke for the next three years :] is that too much to ask?] so I'll probs get just a bunch of him and maybe of the other boats if I do bring a camera on the water because I can't really get a good one of my whole boat [or maybe I will! I'll have to figure something out].

Making delicious vegan [don't tell them!] pad thai at green tonight, so wish me luck. I didn't exactly bring the recipe south with me from Oregon, so this shall be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment