Monday, October 10, 2011

today!

     Okay so today has been a fucking awesome day. I was really worried because I stayed up late working on a group project and got less than five hours of sleep, but it's been so friggin great. First of all, I wasn't a zombie at practice even with the lack of sleep, but actually quite jazzy. Probs because it was the novices' first morning at the boathouse [even though they never actually made it off the dock. big surprise there] and I took out an eight that was pretty much all guys that have been on the varsity team for at least a year and Vees kinda let us do our own thing so he could focus on the other boat [which was pretty much my novice eight from last year, so I was kinda sad to not be with them and super jealous of Karla because Brooks was her stroke]. Suffice it to say, it was a pretty b.a. morning. 
     Then we got back to campus, ate some grub, took a nappy back in my dorm and I was about to jump in the shower [I won't slip!], but then I realized that I had forgotten to print out the drafts of my story for my fictional writing class, so I hobbled over to the library instead. The one snag of the day was the fact that every computer in the library was ganging up on me, determined that I be late to my chem 11 class. So after much fretting and with eighteen pages in hand [3 copies of my six-page story], I sped-walked to Daly [I feel like I should invent a word for how I get around campus. All I can think of now is that it would be a direct antonym to "stroll." Maybe I can look in my new book.. hmmm... more on that later!] and just made it in time for lecture to start. Then chem, philosophy and French were generally uneventful, but my English class was great. We had discussion groups about each of our stories and it was super great to go over my story again [because I had just kind of wrote it, without much plot and without any proof-reading] and to hear some of my classmates' views and comments.
     Then I was greeted at the end of my classes by a text from my mother that made my day. Like it was the best thing ever. So I had texted her earlier saying that having four classes in a row isn't that awful [it really isn't!] but that having morning practice, then four classes, then practice again, then lab, then sleep, then practice again, then class kinda is. Well she responded with this: "True. But it's getting you ready for life. It's like the Jackson Brown song. "I'm going to rent myself a house. In the shade of the freeway. I'm going to pack my lunch in the morning. And go to work each day. And when the evening rolls around. I'll go home and lay my body down. And when the morning light comes streaming in. I'll get up and do it all again. Amen. Say it again. Amen."  It was one of the best text messages I have ever received [my only squabble is that I wake up at least an hour before the sun comes up, hell, we're at Lexington for at least an hour before the sun comes up #coxswainlife].
     Yeah and so after that, I went to Benson and bought a super yummy tofu burrito [which I still haven't eaten  yet. ahhh what I do for my blog] and then went down to the mail room [I've been waiting on a package forever and have checked my mailbox at least four times before today with no luck] and I had two package slips! Score! They ended up being my new Gelly Roll gel pens and my new Merriam-Webster Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms and Rhyming Dictionary!!! I'm so stoked for both of these packages, you have no idea. Now I'm gonna go write some poetry in orange sparkly gel pen. Be jealous. 



From practice Saturday morning.
See what strapping gentlemen I get to deal with daily?

3 comments: